You’ve taken the first step to possibly starting a journey that will see your business move to the next level.
The following outlines the Terms and Conditions for the Birmingham Enterprise Community (BEC) Programmes. The points below outline the basic expectations of your application and the general conditions that need to be understood which will entail your participation in the programme, on condition you are made an offer. BEC reserves the right to update and adapt these conditions at any point.
Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- The material displayed on this website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the fullest extent permitted by law, BEC/we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or equity.
- The Services by BEC are not intended to be a substitute for legal, tax, accounting, regulatory or financial advice & guidance that can be provided by your own solicitor, lawyer, accountant, tax or regulatory counsel and/or financial adviser. Although care has been taken in preparing the information provided to you, BEC cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions, and BEC accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage you may incur.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results or the use of this website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- Loss of income or revenue;
- Loss of business;
- Loss of profits or contracts;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of data;
- Loss of goodwill;
- Wasted management or office time and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited unless explicitly approved in advance.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction for any such dispute
- We update this website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access, or close the website indefinitely. Any of the material may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Confidentiality The parties to this Agreement agree that each shall treat as confidential all information provided by a party to the others regarding such party’s business and operations. All confidential information provided by a party hereto shall be used by any other parties hereto solely for the purposes of rendering services pursuant to this Agreement and, except as may be required in carrying out the terms of this Agreement, shall not be disclosed to any third party without the prior consent of such providing party. The foregoing shall not be applicable to any information that is publicly available when provided or which thereafter becomes publicly available or which is required to be disclosed by any regulatory authority in the lawful and appropriate exercise of its jurisdiction over a party, any auditor of the parties hereto, by judicial or administrative process or otherwise by applicable law or regulation.
Code of Conduct
Disregard for this code of conduct may result in a withdrawal of your position in any of BEC programmes and therefore a removal of access to the resources offered through the programme. The decision to do this will be taken as a last resort (apart from clear hate and discrimination which will result in immediate withdrawal). You will be given the chance to state your case if we are thinking of withdrawing you from the programme.
Last Updated – June 2020